serving downtown NYC since 1898
Check out our Facebook page to see some of our efforts to deliver meals and groceries to seniors in our communities:
How You Can Help:
Many people have asked how they can help Hamilton-Madison House at this time. The best way to help is by making a monetary donation to help Hamilton-Madison House continue these efforts.
HMH Program Updates Related to COVID-19 Coronavirus
Copyright 2019 Hamilton-Madison House. All Right Reserved.
253 South Street, 2nd Fl., New York, NY 10002
Tel: (212) 349-3724
- Effective March 27, 2020: All programs are providing online early childhood education and family support.
- Effective March 16, 2020: All programs (60 Catherine, 77 Market, 129 Fulton, 253 South) will be closed until further notice.
- Effective March 27, 2020: Starting Monday, March 30,2020, Senior Centers will discontinue distributing and delivering hot meals to our senior members. Delivery of meals will be done by food vendors contracted by New York City. Our staff will continue to check-in with our senior members on a daily basis to assess their well-being and needs.
- Effective March 23, 2020: Our meal distribution sites will be opened on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Effective March 16, 2020: The City Hall Senior Center (100 Gold Street) will suspend all activities and programs. The site will begin meal distribution.
- Effective March 16, 2020: Caregiver Program (100 Gold Street) will be telecommunicating with care receivers and caregivers. All home visits are suspended. The site will begin meal distribution.
- Effective March 16, 2020: Knickerbocker NORC (36 Monroe) and Smith NORC (50 Madison) will move to calling to residents and provide meal distribution.
- Effective March 16, 2020: Social Adult Day Care (253 South) will provide meal distribution.
Behavioral Health Services
- Effective March 27, 2020: Services continue to operate remotely providing telehealth services, substance use treatment and prescription management.
- Effective March 16, 2020: Services will move to telemental health where possible.
Cultural Enrichment Programs
- Effective March 27, 2020: Music School staff continue to conduct virtual music lessons for participants.
- Effective March 27, 2020: All enrichment programs continue to be suspended.
- Effective March 14, 2020: All enrichment programs including Steel Drum, Brushstroke Painting, ESL, Tutoring, Basketball and Ballet are suspended until further notice.
- Effective March 14, 2020: Music School will provide virtual lessons when possible. Please contact your instructor.
Please check our program pages for phone numbers and email addresses.